Food, glorious food. What a delicacy to have when you’re up and about on a daily basis. As busy bodies, we need zesty, jaw-dropping meals that tickle our taste buds and leave are stomachs feeling satisfied. Below is a mouth-watering eye-pleasing meal that will leave your heart yearning for more, more and MORE!
Bucatini with Winter Pesto and Sweet Potatoes by Marian Cooper Cairns
This divine meal is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 c. plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. torn kale, collards, or mustard greens
- ½ c. fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup), plus more for serving
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. lemon zest, plus 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 oz. bucatini
- toasted pine nuts, for serving
How to do this?
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss together potato, onion, and 2 tablespoons oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake, stirring once, until potato and onion are tender, 24 to 26 minutes
- . Meanwhile, place kale and parsley in a food processor. Pulse until chopped, 4 to 5 times. Add Parmesan, garlic, lemon zest, and juice. Pulse, scraping down the sides as needed, until finely chopped, 10 to 12 times. With the machine running, slowly add remaining 1/3 cup oil through the feed tube. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water before draining. Toss pasta with roasted vegetables, pesto, and pasta water.
- Serve topped with Parmesan and pine nuts.
THEN VOILA – YOUR AMBROSIAL MEAL IS SET TO BE INDULGED AND DIGESTED!!!
With every meal requires a refreshing beverage that will assist in the tantalising taste of the gourmet food – some suggestions to add to your freshly cooked meal are: 1) Coldrink, 2) Red/White wine, 3) Mango/Guava juice and finally 4) Mineral/Sparkling flavoured water